2017 Build Abroad
Our mission is to build and repair communities across the world through socially responsible construction volunteering. We organize volunteer trips on construction projects such as homes, schools, and disaster relief, while also helping our volunteers experience the unique culture of a different country. Our two founders received their degrees in architecture, and therefore have decided to host one architecture student or recent graduate to travel internationally through one of their programs.SCHOLARSHIP CLOSED
The Award: A Build Abroad Trip!
The award includes a 1 week program at any of Build Abroad’s projects (excluding Haiti or the Guatemala Bottle School Project). The trip includes the following:
- Airport pickup
- Pre-departure support
- Accommodations for the entire program
- 2 meals a day for the entire program
- In country coordination and support
- Organized construction volunteering projects
- Access to a volunteer center with free wifi
*The program participant will need to purchase their own flight and travel insurance.
In order to be eligible for the Build Abroad Travel Scholarship, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and fall into one of these two categories:
- Be a current student studying architecture, civil engineering, interior design or related field (undergraduate or graduate)
- Have graduated with a degree in architecture, civil engineering, interior design or related field within the last 5 years
How to Apply
Applicants will be asked to provide a 300-600 word statement that describes their position on architecture, volunteering, and international travel. Consider the following:
- Do you feel travel is essential for the growth of someone in your field?
- Do you feel there should be more or less volunteering in the architecture/construction industry?
- How has travel shaped you as a designer?
11:59 EST on December 11, 2017.